Monday 8 January 2007

Welcome!

I've realised recently that cooking is becoming more and more important to me. One comment I read once really resonated with me. It queried why people put so much effort into chosing the right computer, or tv, or clothes, but shovel food into their mouths indiscriminately even though that will affect, and become part of, their body, and affect their lives far more than that extra bit of surround sound or function that you never use. I started trying to eat more healthily when I was losing weight. Although I put a lot of that down to exercise as well as to nutrition, there's no doubting that what I eat is a lot better than it used to be, and cooking is becoming a passion. I can't resist a new cookbook, and I'm getting an increasingly big library of them that I love to dip into. So, I thought, why don't I blog it all?

This isn't intended to be an exhaustive food diary listing calories and grams of fat and such like. It also may not take account of, or only mention in passing, some of the meals I eat out, or *ahem* treats. But I've had a lot of comments while I've been losing weight that what I eat looks, sounds or smells fantastic, so I wanted to share some of what I eat. I also want to use this as a resource for myself, with comments about recipes I enjoyed, any suggestions or comments from anyone else about modifications to the recipes etc. It's a record of how I cook, and shop for, and prepare a healthy vegetarian* diet for one, and how I fit it into my lifestyle.

I welcome comments, about the recipes and with food ideas, but also if there are any new things that you think I should try, or general comments and questions about my diet. I've learned a lot while losing over 100lb, but I'm always open to new ideas.

*See the "How I cook/eat" section for more information on this.

No comments: