Sunday 14 January 2007

Sunday 14 January 2007

Today has been a bit of a leftovers day. I did a 12.5 mile run this morning so had a few calories to replenish...

Lunch was leek and potato soup. This didn't turn out as nice as I was hoping, but made 4 pretty substantial portions and was at least very filling even without bread.

This evening I've used up the rest of the roasted veggies saved from the ratatouille recipe yesterday, which I'm having with a packet nut roast mix, some green beans and some veggie gravy. I've popped the veg back in the oven to roast a bit more and go a bit crispier as they went a bit soggy in the fridge overnight. It's nice to have a "proper" Sunday roast once in a while. It's not something I ever really did as a meat eater, but now it's just a case of preparing some veggies and gravy, with the nut roast taking about 20 minutes from the packet, it's a lot more of an appealing prospect.

I also had the remains of the tumeric spiced bulgar from Friday as a starter, but it had gone a bit hard in the fridge over the weekend.

Preparation for the week-wise I made up another batch of houmous, and I'll do myself a fruity compote again later. I haven't decided yet whether to do apricot and apple again, or something using some plums I've got.

No comments: