Saturday 20 January 2007

Saturday 20 January 2007

I've had a nice quiet pre-half day in the house today. Obviously that's a great excuse to cook and eat carbs, and I couldn't turn that one down. I'm not drinking today though, getting through herbal tea and freshly squeezed orange juice instead. I might have a celebratory drink or two tomorrow, although usually it's the last thing I feel like after a half.

For lunch I made curried parsnip soup, which I ate with bread (obviously). It made less than I was hoping, and I ended up really kicking myself for not making twice the amount which would have been no harder really, and would have given me extra parsnippy goodness to put in the freezer. With some fresh orange juice mid afternoon, I was ready to spend time cooking something a bit more time consuming than normal this evening, vegetable bake. This worked pretty well, or it would have done if I'd remembered the flour stage. I served it with my freezer staple, frozen green beans. A mere 21 calories, a serving of veg, and nice to add a bit of bulk to a meal. I still had plenty of apple crumble left to eat with a dollop of greek yoghurt.

Now I just have to decide what to do with the assorted bits of veg I have left tomorrow. I might go the "Sunday Roast" route again and do some nut roast and various veggie dishes to go with it, or I might see if I can think of something more inventive to do with vegetables including a leek, half a cabbage, half a swede, parsnips, carrots, potatoes and onions. But I've eaten all the broccoli (despite the fact they gave me twice the amount of the stuff I got last week!)

No comments: