Thursday 11 January 2007

Thursday 11 January 2007

Today I actually went out for lunch with a friend, so didn't take much other than breakfast and an apple and apricot pot into work with me. I did, however, spend much of the day working out what to do with the few remnants of last weekend's shop in the fridge. The three main things I had were carrots, courgettes and cheese, but I knew I could think of something...

In the end, I plumped for the courgettes and cheese, in a made up in my head pasta dish that was an attempt to replicate something I ate in GC. It wasn't bad, actually, although I'm sure I can manage some tweaking if I try it again.

As it turned out, I didn't need to limit myself to what was in the fridge at all. I got home and I had a lovely full veggie box waiting for me behind the door. But I couldn't face working out something else to cook with the new veg, so I just went with the original plan.

I picked up some strawberries on the way home from work, so I'll be making some orange and strawberry juice later (possibly also with papaya).

I also picked up a single serving christmas pudding and some 9p brandy sauce. Naughty naughty...

No comments: