Sunday 22 April 2007

Veggie Burgers

For a change I decided to make some veggie burgers. When I have burgers I tend to eat them with a salad rather than on a bun. Burgers aren't really something I crave that often, I was never a real fast food junkie, but sometimes I just fancy something burger shaped. I modified this recipe a bit by leaving the mushrooms out (still a bit of a mental block), but they still look fairly successful. I haven't eaten them yet, as I wanted to prepare them before going to the cinema, so I can have something quick when I get back in, but they look pretty good.

1 comment:

knitphomaniac said...

great recipe!

For mine, the base is tofu instead of beans - I mix together 1 lb medium-hard tofu, 1 cup shredded carrots, 1 cup fresh herbs from the garden (finely chopped), 3 or 4 cloves crushed garlic, 1/4 cup sesame seed oil, 1 can condensed cream of mushroom or cheddar cheese soup, and 1 egg (to keep it all together). It gets divided into about a dozen patties and baked in the oven, which turns out steller.